Sunday, March 22, 2020

Writing in the Face of Adversity

The world is crazy. We all know this and it’s all I see on my news feed. But, I’m not here to talk about what’s happening. Well, not exactly.

My only message today is to keep going.

I’ve been struggling to see the point lately. Being stuck in my house, cut off from work (work is usually my biggest motivator to write), and terrified about what the future might hold is not conducive to a creative atmosphere. Yesterday was really bad, where I slammed my laptop shut after struggling all day to crank out a single chapter and asked myself why all of it mattered.

Here’s what I figured out: It matters because it’s what we need. Right now, everyone is in the same boat. We’re all stuck in the house with little to do. The way I see it, people need the escape that comes with a good book. And, as writer’s with too much time on their hands, it’s up to us to provide that.

This week’s message was short but it is simple: Keep perspective, keep clean, and please keep writing! Your story might be the thing that gives someone a bit of relief in these trying times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...