Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Year in Review, a Year Ahead

2022 was the first year since I began publishing that I did not publish a book. Isn’t that weird? Sure, I had preorders for The Montgomery Arrangement just last month, but no actual releases.

It’s been a strange year for me. Life outside of writing took a front seat and I felt like I was getting nothing done. Any goals I had were put aside while I tackled adult life, disappearing from the internet for weeks at a time. For the first time since starting this journey, I felt like Lori Fayre was a separate person, someone I knew but hardly got to see, and I had to choose between my two lives. And I hated it.

I’ve made it no secret that my recent trilogy, Unexpected Mergers, was very difficult to write. I think it had taken more out of me, though, and I found it necessary to take a break from my work and focus on other things. I won’t get into that here but, suffice it to say, things are going back to normal. And now it’s time to write.

I’m keeping my goals for the new year simple. I have a new trilogy that I’m working on and I’m really excited about it. I’m also going to be attending my first in-person author event this year (more on that as it unfolds!). I think I began putting too much into myself as a business owner and not so much as a writer, and that’s going to change.

There will be gaps again. There will be days where I don’t post to social media or my blog. There will be times when my website doesn’t get updated as often as it should. But you can know that when I’m not on the internet, it’s because I’m making something new, something exciting, to give to you.

Thank you all for a wonderful year. I hope to have many more ahead. And, even if they’re not my books, please keep reading! Books are the one escape we have these days.

Love always,

Lori Fayre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...