Sunday, August 11, 2019

An Introduction...


Hello, everyone. My name is Lori Fayre and I have never blogged before. I find that interactions like this, the more personal ones, are hard for me to put on the page. But, I want to let you guys in on my journey and share my opinions on things, so here goes!

I guess the most important thing for you to know is that I am a soon to be published author of historical romance. How did I get here? Well, it started over ten years ago. I read my first paperback historical romance, A Kiss to Remember by Teresa Medeiros. After that, I started reading Harlequin romances like Harlequin Presents and Love Inspired, but I always gravitated to books set before 1900.

Now, here I am releasing my first novel, The Devil’s Maverick, set in 1790 aboard a pirate ship. So many interests and events in my life have led me up to this point. It would take more than one post to get all of that out of my system, so I’ll just leave it at that.

I will tell you the reason I write, though. Back when I was in middle and high school, there was a lot going on in my life that made things difficult. It wasn’t the easiest time, but I always had a book. To me, books were an escape. I gravitated to sci-fi, fantasy, and (yes) romance because it was my way of leaving the world for a few minutes and feeling true happiness.

I want my stories to do the same for others. I picture a woman coming home, tired from a long day at work, and curling up on the couch with my novel. I want my words to transport someone away, to take them on an adventure.

Anyways, a little more about me as we continue, just so you can get an idea of what lies ahead. I am twenty-four years old, but an old soul on the inside. I come from a very small town with very specific views, but I would like to refrain from bringing religious/political views into my work (both here and in my books). Speaking of work, I am employed at my local library, so I will have plenty of books to review for this blog!

On a more personal note, I am engaged to the love of my life and a mother to the sweetest little Yorkie to ever exist.

I hope you keep reading and follow me through this journey! Be sure to let me know the kinds of things you’d like to read about on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...