Sunday, January 5, 2020

My Writing Goals for 2020


I’m really looking forward to this year. Some of you may or may not know that today, January 5, is my birthday! I am now a quarter of a century old (and I can feel it!).


I promised to share my New Year’s resolutions with you all, so here I am! I have a ton of goals as far as writing and a packed schedule for the first half of the year already. Let’s get to it!


~Release The Devil’s Maverick (Epic party time!)
~Query Project Manhattan (My second completed novel and contemporary billionaire romance. I wanted to change it up!)
~Start/join a book club (Always wanted to do this!)
~Go to a writer’s retreat! (I had one planned for this month, but we’ll have to wait and see…)
~Start vlogging (Not sure if anyone would be interested, but it might be fun…)
~Run the second annual NaNoWriMo competition at the library (I also want to participate this year, but we’ll have to wait and see)
~Read 50 books
~Read at least 10 books outside of my usual genre (This will be the hardest…)
~Write 2 books (Very do-able. I am already starting a new book and have another outlined)


And that’s all. If you keep up with these blogs (and any vlogs in the future), you’ll get to see the journey for yourself. Or, if you want to wait until the end of the year, I will be posting a comparison and letting you know how things went.


A few personal goals to mention…
I will be getting married in May. I know I mention a husband often, but we’re not officially married yet! We’ve just been together so long, the term fiancé doesn’t seem to fit!
There is also a house and maybe even the start of a family on the horizon J


So, that’s all! I hope to revisit this post as 2021 is approaching and see how much I’ve done. To future Lori: You can do it!


What are some of your resolutions? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...