Sunday, January 12, 2020

Character Interview: Alva Eastman


Haven’t you ever wanted to have a conversation with your favorite fictional character? Me, too! I gathered a series of questions and, though they might not be your favorite characters yet, asked them to the main characters of The Devil’s Maverick!

This is just a fun little series of posts to let you into the characters minds and get to know them a little, complete with beautiful character art by VexyFate (link to her DeviantArt will be beneath the pictures). I will be posting part 2 on the 19th!

So, sit back and enjoy these interviews!


Lori: Good evening, Alva. How are you feeling today?

Alva: A little confused. Why am I here again?

Lori: You’re here because all of these nice people want to learn a little more about you! Are you ready to get started?

Alva: Um…sure.

Lori: Alright. First, would you rather be invisible or able to fly?

Alva: What does that have to do with anything?

Lori: It’s just a standard ‘get to know you’ question. It tells a lot more about a person than you’d think.

Alva: Oh. Well, if I had to choose, I think I’d like to be able to fly. There’s so much freedom in that.

Lori: Nice. Okay, so what did you want to be when you were younger?

Alva: I didn’t think about it too much. Growing up in the orphanage was pretty glum, to be honest. I guess I just wanted to be free and independent when I grew up. I wanted to be able to take care of myself.

Lori: Well, you certainly did that! Next question, what accomplishment are you most proud of?

Alva: That’s a harder one. I mean there’s plenty that I’m not very proud of. But, I would say that one time I-

Lori: Whoa! Stop! I know what you’re going to say and we’re trying to keep this interview spoiler free. Let’s move on to the next question. Pretend I just handed you £10 million. What do you do?

Alva: I’ve never even seen that much money. Well, that would be enough to buy my own land. Then, I could settle down. But, I don’t think Elijah would be too keen on that.

Lori: No, he wouldn’t. But it’s your money and your fantasy, so do what you like!

Alva: Okay. Then, I would buy a nice house in the country and all the land around it so that no one would have reason to bother me or my family.

Lori: No more adventures?

Alva: Well, the occasional adventure, but I would want to settle down at some point. It would be wonderful to have a house of my own.

Lori: Nice. How do you cheer yourself up on a bad day?

Alva: I usually spend time with my friends. James and Abner, and of course Elijah.

Lori: Yeah, we haven’t met them yet, but that’s a great way to make yourself happy! What is your idea of a perfect vacation?

Alva: There’s this special spot on the African coast that-

Lori: No! Spoilers! Geez, Alva, don’t give everything away. Last question, whose mind would you like to be able to read for a day?

Alva: That’s interesting. I mean, Elijah, obviously, but I also wonder about Harris sometimes. I would say it’s a cross between the two.

Lori: I don’t think anyone wants to know what Harris thinks about. (shudders) Well, thank you so much for joining us today! This has been very insightful. Next week, we’ll be speaking with Elijah! Until then!


You can preorder your copy of The Devil's Maverick at the links below:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082B82PRJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_V-lfEbK0ARJYP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...