Sunday, July 5, 2020

Life Update and Trying New Things (Where I Disappeared To)

It has been some time, hasn’t it?

Life can get away from you and sometimes things fall to the wayside. I’ve taken some time recently to sort my priorities and I’m here to share some things with you.

I slacked while stuck in isolation. Nothing new, I know, but there it is. I continued to work from home while quarantined and count myself very lucky for that. I have since returned to work as I live in a state that is trying to reopen. I don’t know how long this will last, but I’m just trying to stay safe and healthy and hope you’re doing the same.

As for my writing. I will admit to falling behind on some of my writing duties. Okay, most of them. I have my second book coming out later this year, a secret project I’ve got to get to work on, and my passion project I’ve just finished editing. And all of this has taken far longer than it should have.

The last big thing I want to mention is that I tried something new. As you might be aware, I have posted videos to YouTube. This is probably my third attempt and it has not gone well. I really want to make videos and love the editing process but being in front of a camera gives me anxiety. I thought that if I just pushed through, I could get over it, but the mere thought of sitting in front of my phone and talking fills me with so much dread that I can’t function. I end up giving up on the whole day to avoid it.

The solution was to not force it. I will still make an occasional video and host writing sprints when my internet is fixed, but I will refocus on this blog. I’m better with words anyways.

Finally, I will be kicking off my return to this blog with a special post next week! Want to know more? Keep an eye out on my social media for the announcement!

I will be posting weekly (every Sunday) with updates on my novels, book reviews, and writerly advice! Please stay safe and strong during this time, love, and be sure to check my last post for ways to help.

 

Love always,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...