Sunday, December 20, 2020

My 2021 Writing Goals (and a look back on 2020)

I don’t think I need to tell you all how weird 2020 has been. We’ve all lived through it and heard about it too much at this point. So, in this post, I’m going to focus on how my writing journey has gone this year.

Let’s start by looking back on 2020. It was a big year for me personally, as I released my debut novel at the end of January and my second novel in mid-October. I feel very lucky to have had those accomplishments under my belt in a single year. I also got married, which was one of my personal goals! I’d like to look back on all of the writing goals I set for myself and see how it all went.

 

Release The Devil’s Maverick Yes. I definitely did this and the event was amazing!

Query Project Manhattan Queried, published, and released!

Start/join a book club I never did get around to this one…

Go to a writer’s retreat I did have this one planned and ready to go, but I think we all know why it fell through.

Start vlogging I put a check next to this one because I did try and I did post a vlog. I didn’t stick with it, but I did give it a shot and found out it wasn’t really for me.

Run the second annual NaNoWriMo competition at the library Another one I attempted, but the virtual format didn’t work as well as we thought it would.

Read 50 books I think I read a total of five books over the year. It’s shameful, really.

Read at least 10 books outside of my usual genre I read two out of my usual genre.

Write 2 books I finished three new novels total this year!

 

So, I didn't quite make the mark. But it was a strange time so I'm giving myself a pass. Onto my new 2020 goals! I’m lowering my ambitions this year for several personal reasons and because I’ve started to learn what I can handle. I’ve realized I can do more when I don’t have as many expectations.

 

~ Submit book 2 in Unexpected Mergers (This will be happening in the next couple of months! I’m almost done…)

~ Finish book 3 in Unexpected Mergers (This is also in the process, but I want to get it out quickly!)

~ Release my next novel (Announcement coming soon…)

~ Win MillWordY (I’m on track for this one at the moment.)

~ Complete 5 novels, editing and new (Something I have done and know I can do again!)

~ Revamp my social media pages (Already in the works…)

 

I was a little vague this time around. I don’t know how this year is going to look and I’d rather not set unrealistic goals.

That’s all I have for this week. Let me know if you’ll be setting any goals for the new year, writing or otherwise!

 

Love always,

Lori Fayre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...