Sunday, January 10, 2021

MillWordY Update for December 2020

It’s a little late, but here it is. As a reminder, I’m now doing a half MillWordY (600k). Let’s get started!

 

December Statistics

Project Cowboy: 55,592

Project Monster: 3,842

Random Projects: 520

Total Words for December: 59,954

Total Words for Challenge: 173,502/600,000

I almost hit 60k this month! I ended up having to rewrite my entire first draft of Cowboy to fix it. I’m still working on it and have even more to do, but I also hope to really start on Monster soon. January is going to be interesting – I’m working on several secret projects this month and only one has to do with writing. But, I’m ahead of schedule, so I think taking it easy will be a good thing (though the stats won’t look that impressive).

 

December Goals

✘ Average 3k on writing days

✘ Edit Project Cowboy

✘ Stick to new social media schedule (including blogs)

✘ Take at least one day each week to relax

Okay. So, not great. I’m still trying to finish edits for Project Cowboy, but I did take time off for the holidays. I tried to average 3k every day, but I fell short on some days. I did beat my high score, though, and managed to hit over 7k in one day, which is a pretty good feat for me. Let’s look at my new goals.

 

January Goals

~ Average 1k on writing days

~ Get Cowboy to betas

~ Write first draft of Monster

~ Classified

Not many this go ‘round, but that’s okay. And you’re not allowed to know the last one yet! Until next time…

 

Love always,

Lori Fayre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...