Sunday, January 19, 2020

Character Interview: Elijah Maverick



Lori: Hello, Elijah. It’s great to have you here. You know, there were a few ladies who weren’t happy that your interview wasn’t first.

Elijah: (leaning back casually) I’m not surprised.

Lori: Of course, you’re not. Shall we start with the questions?

Elijah: Whenever you’re ready, darling.

Lori’s Husband: (sadly from the door) Hey. Cut it out.

Lori: Ahem. Well, going from the same list as Alva’s, would you rather be invisible or able to fly?

Elijah: Invisible. I would love to see what some people get up to whenever they think I’m not around.

Lori: (unamused) That speaks volumes. What did you want to be when you were younger?

Elijah: You should know this one. I’ve only ever wanted one thing and that’s this life. Piracy was the only career for me.

Lori: That’s true. Wow, you’re much easier to question than Alva. So, if I were to hand you £10 million right now, what would you do?

Elijah: I would wonder what I’d done to earn that money.

Lori: Nothing. I would just hand it to you.

Elijah: Fine. I would buy a fleet of ships and take over the ocean.

Lori: You’re such a simple man…

Elijah: May I ask what Alva answered?

Lori: No, you may not. It’s very confidential.

Elijah: But aren’t you-

Lori: Moving on! What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Elijah: Hm. There are a few things I’ve done to be proud of. But I would have to say rescuing Alva from the water that first day. It’s led to so much that I can’t even begin to describe…

Lori: Yes, and everyone will read about that on January 28th!

Elijah: Wait, what?!

Lori: Next question! How do you cheer yourself up on a bad day?

Elijah: A fight’s always a great way to relieve stress and get in some exercise. There’s also another little activity I like to engage in that always puts a smile on my face. Alva and I-

Lori: (rushing) Please don’t. Dear God. What’s your idea of a perfect vacation?

Elijah: There’s this little place on the coast of Africa-

Lori: Stop! You and Alva both? LAST QUESTION! Whose mind would you like to be able to read for a day?

Elijah: I admit it would be fun to know what Alva thinks about, but I think I would pick James. He’s upfront and honest, but I would love to know what secrets he does hold onto.

Lori: Interesting. Thank you so much for joining us. You can leave now.

A special thanks to VexyFate for the art!


You can preorder your copy of The Devil's Maverick at the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...