Sunday, October 11, 2020

I Tried the 10k in One Day Writing Challenge…

I hate that I have to keep coming to you guys with bad news, but I want to be 100% transparent with you all. I did attempt the 10k Writing Challenge, but I didn’t get very far.

This isn’t to say I’m not proud of my accomplishments – I did set a new personal record for words in one day. This was also a day that my alarm didn’t go off, so I had a late start. I think the best course of action is to keep trying the challenge every Sunday until I can make it to 10,000 words. In the meantime, here are my statistics.

 

Project Bodyguard: 6,464

Random Projects: 72

Total: 6,536

 

Not the best numbers, but a new personal best for me! I also learned some very new things about my writing style that I’ll be making a video on soon. As of right now, I’m still getting comfortable with my new style. And I have been keeping up with my goal of writing at least 3,000 words every day, so that’s something. Even though I didn’t reach 10k, I still see this as a win.

As I said, I’ll be attempting this every week until I get it right, but I won’t update you on this again until I do.

Before I sign off, I do want to remind you that this Tuesday (October 13, 2020) is release day for my new book, The Alexander Proposal! I won’t be able to have an event yet, but I do have something planned for the future. If you want to know more about this contemporary billionaire romance, there will be links below for you!

 

Love always,

Lori Fayre

 

The Alexander Proposal on Totally Bound:

https://www.totallybound.com/book/the-alexander-proposal

The Alexander Proposal on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G1H56ZB/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...