Sunday, October 4, 2020

MillWordY Update for September 2020

First and foremost, I want to apologize for my absence in September. Between work, deadlines, and moving, things just kept getting in the way. I did have a writing tag planned for last week, but the file became corrupted! So, here I am in shame, bringing you some sad stats for a challenge that I’m feeling a little better about now that the chaos has passed in my life.

That’s right. I went for it. At least, I attempted to go for it. September was going to be my month to get the word count and get so much done. I'm going for the Million Words in a Year Writing Challenge (MillWordY)!

Honestly, I thought about calling it and starting fresh in October. That’s what the old Lori would have done. But I was determined that, no matter what, I would stick to this, even if I’m so behind that it will take a miracle to catch up.

 

September Statistics

Project Cowboy: 11,777

Project Bodyguard: 3,056

Random Projects: 346

Total Words: 15,179

 

This is my total word count for the month. September was a month of moving and having a ton to do at work. I’m not giving excuses, just giving myself a break and knowing that it’s okay. I want MillWordY to be something fun, not something to stress me out. Even if I don’t hit 1 million, at least I can say I tried and I’ll have some cool stats for the year!

 

As far as goals for October, they’re pretty lofty.

~ Average 3k on writing days

~ Get Project Hawthorne edited and submitted

~ Write Project Bodyguard’s first draft

~ Edit Project Nocturnal

~ Stick to my weekly blog posting schedule

 

I know it doesn’t seem like much, but I’ve broken a lot of good habits over the past couple of months. The day this is being posted is the day that I’m attempting the 10K in One Day Challenge (which I’ll let y’all know about next week!). I know I can do this! Let me know if you’re participating and, if so, how are you doing?

 

Love always,

Lori Fayre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Tropes: One Bed

Welcome to a new series where I break down classic romance tropes and give my opinions. First up is a well-known and well-loved trope: “Ther...